High Rise Fire in Manchester

High Rise Fire in Manchester
June 16, 2024

An early afternoon equipment failure that caused a power outage in parts of downtown Manchester is what caused a small fire Thursday in a high-rise building.

An overheated generator on the 20th floor of Brady Sullivan Plaza exploded and became engulfed in flames filling hallways with smoke.

Everyone was evacuated, the fire was extinguished, and the building was ventilated.

Eversource said power was fully restored by late afternoon.